Act in one scene
Premiere — January 9, 2019
Throughout the history of mankind «Song of Songs» by Solomon has found many religious interpretations, inspired poets, musicians and painters. In the new stage performance by Yura Divakov “Song of Songs” will open the doors to the world of passionate, tender, languishing and fierce feelings.
As one of the main components of modern romantic love, fleshliness becomes a part of a theatrical study, staged by Jura Divakov. Here the body acts as a source of beauty and pleasure, naturalness and harmony with nature, as a linking element between the inner and the outer world. When in love, smells and sounds become more tangible, the heart beats faster, causes the body to move to the beat of another body. We tremble in fear, suffer from unanswered love and break all taboos. The beauty of romantic feelings, the naturalness of the body, which is the gatekeeper of human emotions and desires, — all of this you can see in the performance “Song of Songs”.
- Translation: International Bible Society
- Director: Yura Divakov
- Set and Costume Designer: Tanya Divakova
- Composer: Eric Orlov-Shimkus
- Video Director: Dina Danilovich
- Lighting Designers: Ivan Gusev, Aleksei Ladyshev
- Sound Designers: Ksenia Korolchuk, Inga Shevelova
- Video Equipment: Ekaterina Chekatovskaya
- Cast: Marta Golubeva, Eldar Bekirov
In Russian language with English subtitles
The performance was created within the framework of “TOK” project.
No admittance after third bell.